The Faculty of Law and Administration of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan is one of the largest law schools in Poland and has been consistently rated as one of the best in the country. Currently, it employs over a hundred teachers who work in 19 Chairs specialising in different fields of legal studies. The Faculty has also a foreign languages unit which offers classes in legal English, French and German.
In 2017, the Scientific Assets Evaluation Committee assessed the scientific and research and development activities of nearly 1,000 scientific units. Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Adam Mickiewicz was the only one of the law faculties in Poland and one of two at our University (next to the Department of English) obtained the best possible category A + during the parametric evaluation.
The Faculty meets the requirements of contemporary trends in higher education by conducting high level research studies. The academic staff recognise the demands of social processes and seek to create value for the society, science, culture and economy. Consequently, the results of the research carried out at the University at local, international and interdisciplinary levels may be applied in practice. Students receive comprehensive education and graduates are equipped with theoretical and practical knowledge necessary to satisfy the needs of the business as well as public sectors. The Faculty works on developing respect for academic values in the changing contemporary world and remains open to challenges of today’s demands and needs of its students and faculty members. It also cooperates with the local community and local business on best possible ways to ensure an effective transfer of knowledge. The three main rules that underlie the functioning of the Faculty are coherent strategy, efficient management and effective marketing.
The Faculty in its original form was established in 1919, at the same time as the University itself. Initially known as the Law Faculty, it subsequently transformed into the Faculty of Law and Social and Economic Studies, and from 1921, for over 40 years, it functioned as the Faculty of Law and Economy. In the late 1960s its name changed again, into the Faculty of Law and Administration, and has continued as such to date.
The Faculty of Law and Administration is one of the 15 schools of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan.
Every year over 4000 students study at the Faculty, reading:
- Law: approx. 2700
- Administration: approx. 1100
- Management: approx. 500
- European Studies and Law: approx. 200
- Legal-economic studies: approx. 100
- PhD programme: approx. 200
- Full professors: 20
- University Professors (doctor habilitatus holders): 40
- PhD holders: 68
- ESP (Law/Business) and Legal German teachers: 7
- LAW : Master programme, day-time and extramural (week-ends) studies
- GERMAN AND POLISH LAW: Bachelor and Master programme, day-time studies, organised jointly with the European University of Viadrina, Frankfurt-am-Oder
- EUROPEAN LAW: Bachelor and Master programme, day-time and extramural (week-ends) studies
- ADMINISTRATION: Bachelor and Master programme, day-time and extramural (week-ends) studies
- MANAGEMENT: Bachelor and Master programme, day-time or extramural (week-ends) studies
- LEGAL-ECONOMIC STUDIES: Bachelor and Master programme, day-time studies, organised jointly with the University of Economics